We are looking to appoint a Chartered Building Surveyor / Registered Valuers to undertake formal Red Book valuations for loan security purposes to both the High Street and secondary lending market across Exeter and the South West. We have opportunities on a contract and permanent basis.
Who are Winfields is an independently owned Chartered Surveying practice who provide a comprehensive range of surveying and property services. Our geographic reach covers the whole of the South of England and Wales with clients in valuation, commercial, planning and development, and rural. We’ve taken on new, innovative ways of working to deliver our services and we’ve created a new strategy to target key areas of growth for the business.
Why join us? We’re not a giant corporation with faceless, nameless individuals, neither are we a small family run firm offering little scope for advancement. Our company is of a size to offer stability along with agility and dynamism, career progression, openness, self-empowerment and versatility. You’ll be valued as an individual, supported and mentored by the best in the field whatever your experience level. With opportunities in multiple areas including valuation, commercial, rural, in mainly the private and public sector you will be working on projects for a wide range of clients Fully qualified Chartered Surveyor and a RICS Registered Valuer. Essential Criteria:
• Ideally 3 years PQE of commercial residential and development valuations. More recently qualified Registered Valuers will be considered
• Keen to be part of a successful and well organised national team with the ability to be self-motivated and with a drive to succeed
• A good working knowledge of IT (particularly Excel, Argus Developer and KEL Investment Valuer) is essential.
• Ability to travel throughout the region
• Team player of this national service and keen to be involved with all types of property and professional work.
• Pro-active attitude with good interpersonal and communication skills.
• High level of attention to detail and an enquiring mind.
• Good time management skills, prioritising tasks to ensure that deadlines are met.
• The ability to produce clear and concise written reports and recommendations.
Winfields Chartered Surveyors is looking for applications from Chartered Surveyors who are Registered Valuers. Depending on skills and experience this position can be secured from the position of recently Chartered level up as well as a more senior appointment. Working closely with an established national team you will already have experience of providing valuation advice on various property types to a range of clients. The opportunity will suit a candidate looking to focus on professional valuation work and will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to become involved in all stages of complex portfolio valuations. Experience in the trade related valuation sector would also be considered.