RICS Full Building Surveys
Whether you need a mortgage or you are a cash buyer, you will want to make sure that the property you buy will not give you any nasty surprises. You cannot rely on a mortgage report to give you a detailed picture of the condition of your property.
Both the Council of Mortgage Lenders and the Consumers’ Association recommend that you obtain an independent survey by a chartered surveyor. You have the choice of these types of reports, all available from Winfields.

RICS Building Survey

The structural survey

Choose the Building Survey (formally called a structural survey) if you’re dealing with a large, older or run-down property, a building that is unusual or altered, or if you’re planning major works.

It costs more than the other RICS reports because it gives detailed information about the structure and fabric of the property.

The RICS Building Survey uses the same traffic light ratings as the Condition and HomeBuyer Reports. It also includes;


Henleaze Business Centre,
13 Harbury Road, Henleaze,
Bristol BS9 4PN
Tel: 01172 872199


Alphinbrook Court,
Tel: 01392 984364


Bridge House,
7 Bridge Street
Taunton TA1 1TG
Tel: 01823 765057


24-26 George Place
Tel: 01752 936567

Want to know more?

Need more information on Winfields Chartered Surveyors South West?
Click here to contact us today, and we can aid you further in Surveys and Valuations and all our other surveying services